Sunday, October 5, 2014

Monkey Talk Episode 1 - Thoughts on Future's End and Original Sin

I mentioned something special last week and here it is - my debut appearance on the Monkey Talk Podcast! In the video below, you'll see me, StevieB and Trex from Nerds Of The Apocalypse and Jeff (the owner of Punk Monkey Comics) as we discuss DC's Future's End Event Month and Marvel's Original Sin.



For many of you, this is probably going to be your first time actually seeing what I really look like, and with that said, I want you to kindly remember this is my first appearance on a podcast, so my performance is a bit green here. :)

If you've been following this blog for a while, you'll know my opinion of Original Sin. However, I haven't said much about DC's Future's End here on the FBU, so you might be interested in my thoughts on that. Of particular note, if you want to cut to the chase, skip to the 1:10:21 mark on the video to see what I had to say about the Grayson Future's End issue.


Of the issues that came out during the Future's End month, it's not only the best, it's possibly the best self contained comic to come out this year!  I'm not alone in recognizing this issue is something special. I strongly encourage you to check it out.

Enjoy!

- Jim


1 comment:

MattComix said...

The whole "Grayson" thing just smacks to me of Didio's aversion to the character but since he feels like he can't kill him off (which is surprising because he's never missed an opportunity to pull the trigger on anyone else) they've just kind of demoted him from being a superhero to just some dude.

I don't know. To my mind if you're going to have time progress and Dick Grayson becomes an older teen or an adult, the Nightwing idea is a pretty cool way to do that at least conceptually if not always in execution. But as I've said before I like these characters in relation to Batman as people in Batman's world interacting with him. I like Nightwing as who Dick Grayson becomes when he grows up but I'm not all that interested in reading solo adventures with him.

This also goes back to the reason I can't get excited about Gotham. It's a Batman show without Batman in it. Yes Bruce is there but that's not the same. I don't want to wait 10 seasons for the bat to finally come flying through the window when he's thinking about how criminals are superstitious and cowardly. I want to see all those characters like Gordon who are part of Batman's world interacting with Batman.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails