With the Rhino making his big screen debut this weekend, here are some interesting fun facts about Marvel's one horned wonder:
1. Since his debut in Amazing Spider-man 41, Aleksei Sytsevich aka The Rhino has appeared in 607 publications. (A number which honestly shocked me.)
2. Despite being thought of as a staple in the Spider-man rogues gallery, his appearances in that title during the Bronze Age are very spotty. After his first appearance in ASM 41, he would not appear in that comic until almost 5 years later in ASM 98 (where he wouldn't even rate the cover.)
4. 58% of his appearances in Amazing Spider-man took place after 2000. 51% of those have been since 2010.
5. He only appeared in one issue each of Marvel Team-Up (102) and Marvel Two-In-One (98).
8. In a mini-series based off Daniel Keyes' Flowers for Algenon, The Rhino underwent a process to make himself smarter.
9. While he never showed up in the pages of Thor (which is sort of weird in of itself) he did show up in the pages of Thunderstrike.
10. Within the last few years, he reformed and got married.
During this time he was replaced by a newer version of the Rhino (who would not last long.)
And while his last appearance had him getting killed, comics being what they are, I'm sure we will see the Sytsevich version of the character reappearing someday.