Monday, April 12, 2010

The Marxist Manhunter

Slowly but surely Pierre and I are working on the Trial of the Red Death comic we mentioned a million years ago. I won't bore you with the details of why the project has taken so long, but I will say that in the downtime, I've had to change a couple of plot points, as they have since appeared in other comics. (Most recently, The Twelve: Spearhead had a scene that was identical to something I was going to do...)

Anyway - one of the characters in the comic is a villain we are calling the Marxist Manhunter. We just aren't sure which of Pierre's versions to use.

Which one do you think looks best?

Red M on Top

Double Gray M

Yellow Cape

Red/Yellow M's

Feel free to chime in!

Today's Free Comics feature the character that inspired this whole project - The Black Terror.



[ Black Terror 26 ]



[ Black Terror 27 ]

- Enjoy!

8 comments:

RKB said...

I like the Red/Yellow M's, or the Red M on top.

Sean Kleefeld said...

I'd definitely avoid the double-grey Ms -- too similar a look to the Red Skull. Personally I find the yellow Ms a bit distracting, and would therefore go with red and grey M version shown at the very top.

Trey said...

The grey "m." It evokes an older era which I assume this character is from.

Anonymous said...

I think the yellow M is distracting, and the grey M is definitely too Red Skull. But the red M on top puts so much red in one area that I think it's also a problem.

What about a red M on the bottom?

Reno said...

First one looks best.

Jim Shelley said...

Thanks guys! Pierre, are you taking notes? ;)

Pierre Villeneuve said...

Notes are being taken. ;)

GACN said...

I like "Red M on Top", but I think the inner lining of the cap should be grayish-black also.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails