Thursday, November 5, 2015

More Unseen Art

In the comments on Monday's Post, artist Reno Maniquis noted that he's worked on some projects that never came to fruition. I did some digging and found the art he was talking about.

The first up was going to be a Zuda pitch called hell-bent but Zuda folded before this project got going good.



The other was a possible Artifact story with a new character called Jet Pack Jenny


While neither of those projects panned out, I've enjoyed working with Reno on the Lost 100 Pagers he's created. He never fails to impress me with his work on those Bronze Age homages.


Another artist who I've worked with in the past (and most recently completed the So Falls The World Flashback Universe story is Jerry Hinds. Here are some awesome character sketches he developed for a sort of Jim Starlin Adam Warlock type of project. Again, this would have been a good project for Zuda.

The star to the story was a character called Judas Moonstone



His Allies were the enchantress Baba Yaga



And an imp named Toadflax



The villain of the series was a character called Nightshade

I still have more unseen art, but I'll save it for another day.

- Jim

2 comments:

Reno said...

I could've sworn it was Rocket Jenny. My memory's a bit rusty. Hehe. :)

Jim Shelley said...

I think both names were floated around. I liked the alliteration of Jetpack Jenny and Trey liked the idea that Rocket Jenny was sort of a callback to Spinning Jenny (the 18th century weaving device)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails